Ham and Cheddar Breakfast Bake
Make this breakfast bake on Sunday for brunch, and enjoy it for the rest of the week! You can vary this bake anyway you like, so give it a try with cooked sausage, bacon, or vegetarian sausage for a fun twist.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (20 oz.) shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb. diced ham
- 1 package (14 oz.) chopped frozen onion and bell pepper blend, thawed and drained well
- 8 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9"x13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat add the hash browns. Cook, stirring constantly, until the potatoes are dry, about 6 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Spread the hash browns into the bottom of the baking dish. Layer the ham, diced vegetables, and cheese. In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs and half and half. Pour the egg mixture over the hash browns. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 50 minutes, remove the foil, and return to the oven for 10 minutes more, or until the casserole is lightly browned and bubbling. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.