Ham and Cheese Bread Pudding
This soufflé is easier to serve than others, because it will stand without falling.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 9 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 cups cubed French bread
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 2 cans (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups shredded Havarti cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- The day before, spray a round or oval baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Combine bread, ham, mushrooms, and both cheeses in the dish and toss to mix; spread into an even layer.
- In large bowl, beat eggs with milk, sour cream, salt, dry mustard, Dijon mustard, flour, and melted butter until combined. Pour over bread and cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for 1 hour until puffed and deep golden brown.