Ham and Cheese Crepes
These crepes are so delicious; you’ll want to eat them for breakfast every day! For best results make the batter ahead of time and refrigerate overnight.
Serves: 5Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. turbinado sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. 2% milk
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1⁄4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 Tbsp. safflower oil
- 10 slices deli ham
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Add flour and sugar to a medium bowl or a blender, then add baking powder, egg, milk, butter, vanilla, and 1⁄8 teaspoon salt; mix until smooth.
- Heat a 9-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute, then spread oil in a thin layer over surface. Using a ladle or glass measuring cup, slowly pour 1⁄4 cup batter into skillet; swirl around pan.
- Cook crepe until golden on bottom, 45 seconds. Using a wide spatula, turn crepe over; cook 30 more seconds. Transfer to plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 5 crepes on a rimmed baking sheet. Add 2 slices ham and a bit of cheese on each crepe. Sprinkle on 1⁄8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Fold in the ends and roll the crepe. Place back on the baking sheet and bake about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remaining crepes may be covered and chilled to use later or for other recipes.