Ham and Cheese Croissant Casserole
Making breakfast for a crowd? Why not make these easy make-ahead breakfast sandwiches? Each croissant is stuffed with ham and cheese, then covered in a savory egg custard and allowed to chill overnight. The next day, you can bake, serve, and enjoy!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 9 hours 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 small croissants, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. thin-sliced smoked ham
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 Tbsp. butter, cut into 12 pats
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay the bottoms of the croissants into the baking dish. Cover with half the shredded cheese and the ham, then top with the remaining cheese. Cover with the tops of the croissants.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, and half and half. Pour over the croissants and top each croissant with a pat of butter. Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil, and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake the casserole, covered, for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for 25 minutes or until the casserole is puffed and golden brown. Cool 20 minutes before serving.