Ham and Cheese Omelet
Heating the pan and then the oil and butter before you add the egg batter results in a lighter, fluffier omelet.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ Tbsp. butter
- 1 slice thick-cut deli ham, torn into large pieces
- 2 Tbsp. shredded Swiss cheese
- Whisk the eggs with the cream and salt and pepper. Bring a 8" nonstick skillet to temperature over medium-high heat, and then add the oil and the butter. Once the butter is melted and starts to foam, pour in the egg mixture. Tilt the pan to distribute the egg mixture evenly around the pan.
- Lower the heat to medium and continue to cook until the eggs are almost set, occasionally tilting the pan to move any uncooked egg mixture evenly across the omelet. Once the eggs are almost set, scatter the ham across the omelet.
- If necessary, use a spatula to loosen the edges of the omelet from the skillet. Give the pan a shake to ensure the omelet will slide out of the pan, then slide it onto a serving plate, using the pan to fold the omelet in half.