Ham and Cheese Quiche Lorraine
The ham will already be salty, so be careful about how much salt you add to the egg mixture. The optional Dijon mustard and mayonnaise punch up the flavor.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (9")
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ ground pepper
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- ½ lb. Swiss cheese, grated
- ½ lb. cooked ham, cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Press pie crust into a 9" pie plate.
- Beat the eggs with the flour, then stir in the milk. Add salt, pepper, cayenne, mustard, and mayonnaise. Fold in the cheese and ham. Pour into the pie shell.
- Place the pie shell on a baking sheet or jellyroll pan and put in the oven. Bake for 40–45 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.