Ham, Gherkin, and Cheddar Muffins
Delicious, savory muffins are wonderful with fruit for breakfast, or you can serve them with chili, baked beans, or a hearty vegetable soup.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chopped gherkins
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ham with flour, baking powder, baking soda, gherkins, and 1⁄2 cup cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg with milk and butter. Blend egg mixture into dry ingredients, mixing until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Fill prepared muffin cups about 3⁄4 full. Sprinkle with remaining 1⁄2 cup cheese. Bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.