Ham and Turkey Cuban Sandwich
The trick to this sandwich is the pressing and grilling. This is a perfect use of leftover pork chops.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 soft hero rolls (8 inch), split
- 2 Tbsp. deli mustard
- 1⁄4 lb. Swiss cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb. cooked roast pork, thinly sliced
- 2 slices smoked ham
- 2 sliced deli turkey
- 2 garlicky dill pickles, very thinly sliced
- Assemble the sandwiches by spreading mustard on both sides of the bread. Top with the sliced cheese. Then pile on the pork, ham, turkey, and pickles. Close up the sandwiches. Spray the top and bottom with cooking spray.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet on medium-low and place the sandwiches in the pan. Take another heavy pan and press it on top of the sandwiches to press them down while they grill. Turn them over when one side is well browned and the cheese begins to melt. Grill the other side, and press again to really flatten out the sandwich. Serve hot.