Ham with Bourbon Glaze and Tangerine Chutney
Celebrate a special occasion with this apple-bourbon-glazed ham, served with homemade tangerine chutney on the side.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 3 hours 40 minutesTotal: 4 hours
- 4 seedless tangerines, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Ground Mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups jalapeño pepper jelly
- 3⁄4 cup tangerine, orange or lemon marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Apple Juice
- 1⁄4 cup bourbon
- 1 3⁄4 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ Raw Pecan Pieces, toasted, cooled, finely ground
- 1⁄4 cup light molasses
- 3 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 bone-in 16-18 lb. ham
- Finely grate peel from tangerines to measure 3 tablespoons. Using small, sharp knife, cut peels and white pith from tangerines. Working over large mesh colander set in bowl, cut between membranes, releasing segments into sieve. Refrigerate and let segments drain for at least an hour.
- In medium bowl, mix together vinegar, mustard and salt until mustard dissolves. Mix in jelly, marmalade and grated tangerine peel. Cover and chill chutney up to 6 hours.
- In small saucepan, combine juice and bourbon; boil until reduced to 1/3 cup, about 5 minutes. In bowl, combine sugar, pecans, molasses and mustard mixture. Add bourbon mixture and stir to form thick paste.
- Position rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 325°F. Line large roasting pan with heavy-duty foil, leaving overhang on all sides. Trim off skin and most of fat from ham. Place ham, fat side up, in prepared pan. Roast ham until thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 130°F to 135°F.
- Remove ham from oven; increase oven temperature to 425°F. Lightly score fat on ham in diamond pattern. Rub glaze thickly over top and sides of ham. Return ham to oven and roast until glaze is deep brown and bubbling, about 25 minutes. Let ham stand at least 20 minutes and up to 45 minutes before serving.