This dish is a must for Purim. Try different fillings to see which your family likes best.
Serves: 30Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 lb. margarine
- 8 tsp. granulated sugar
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tsp. orange juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 jar (10 oz.) blackberry jam
- Cream together the margarine and sugar. Sift the dry ingredients and add to the margarine mixture; mix well. Add the eggs, orange juice, and vanilla. Knead until the dough forms and divide into 6 sections. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper
- Roll out each section on a floured board. Use a glass as a cutter for forming circles for the hamantaschen shape. Place 1 teaspoon of jam into each circle and fold into a triangle by pinching the edges together.
- Bake on prepared baking sheets for 25 minutes.