Hamburger Cornbread Casserole
This wholesome and easy-to-bake savory recipe will warm you up on a chilly evening. Serve with a salad or green beans for a well-balanced meal.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (14½ oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14¼ oz..) whole-kernel corn, drained
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 box (9 oz.) cornbread mix
- 1 small box (9 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a large baking dish.
- Brown ground beef and onion. Drain fat. Add tomato sauce, corn, and chili powder to skillet and sauté for 10 minutes to release the spice.
- Mix the cornbread mix and cake mix. Add eggs, milk, and water. Beat until a smooth batter forms, adding more water if needed.
- Spread hamburger and onion mixture in greased baking dish. Pour cornbread mixture over top. Bake 20–30 minutes or until crust is golden.