Har Gow Dumplings
These taste delicious with hot chili oil. For variety, replace half the bamboo shoots with 2 tablespoons minced water chestnuts.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 oz. raw shrimp
- 4 Tbsp. shredded canned bamboo shoots
- 1 tsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ¾ tsp. Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- ¼ tsp. sesame oil
- 1 package (24 pieces) dumpling wrappers
- 1 Tbsp. sliced scallions
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Mince finely. In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp and bamboo shoots with the oyster sauce, sugar, rice wine, and sesame oil. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the wok for steaming. Place up to 1 teaspoon of the filling in each dumpling. Carefully fold the dough over the filling and pleat the edges.
- Place the dumplings 1" apart for steaming. Steam, covered, on medium heat for 15–20 minutes, or until the dumplings are done. Top with scallions and serve with soy sauce.