Hard-Cooked Egg Casserole
Hard-cooked eggs are baked with a flavorful sherry cheese sauce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. dry sherry
- 1⁄4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup soft buttered bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. chopped dill
- In a large saucepan, cover eggs with water. Cover and bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 20 minutes. Drain eggs and peel; place in a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir flour into butter, cooking and stirring until well-blended and bubbly, about 1 minute. Gradually add chicken broth and milk, stirring constantly. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco. Continue to stir until cheese is melted. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over eggs and sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with dill.