Hard Mojito Iced Tea
Do-ahead cocktails make summer entertaining a breeze. These mojitos can be made and refrigerated up to 2 days before serving.
Serves: 8Prep: 2 hours 30 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 6 fresh mint sprigs, plus more for garnish
- 4 Kroger® Black Tea Bags, tags removed
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups white or gold rum
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat water to boiling. Stir in sugar, mint and tea bags. Remove from heat. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and mint leaves. Stir in lemon and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until cold.
- Stir in rum. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days. To serve, pour tea into ice-filled glasses. Garnish with additional mint sprig.