Haricots Verts en Salade (French Bean Salad)
Save to My Recipes
The best way to enjoy fresh French beans in the summer!
Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutes
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- 2 lbs. French beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and diced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Fill a large saucepan with water, add a teaspoon of salt, and then bring to a boil. Add the French beans to the boiling water, and leave for 10 minutes without covering the saucepan. Prepare a large bowl full of ice. Using a slotted spoon, take the French beans out of the saucepan and immediately put them on ice.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the salt and the pepper with the red wine vinegar. Add the diced shallot and stir well, then slowly add the tablespoons of olive oil, one after the other, stirring continuously, until it is smooth.
- Mix the chopped parsley with the French beans, sprinkle on more salt and pepper, toss well, and serve.