Haricots Verts with Goat Cheese and Pomegranate
Save space on your plate for these haricots verts (French green beans), tossed with goat cheese, pomegranate seeds and almonds.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutes
- 1 pound haricots verts (French green beans)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Unfiltered Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Original Goat Cheese Crumbles
- 1⁄2 pomegranate, seeded
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 Simple Truth™ Sliced Raw Almonds
- In large pot with boiling water, cook beans until crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In medium skillet, heat a few drops of olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots and sauté until they begin to soften, about a minute. Add vinegar and mustard and whisk. Whisk in oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, toss beans with dressing and sprinkle with goat cheese, pomegranate seeds and sliced almonds.