This dish has all the trappings of a favorite fall or winter holiday dish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups water
- ¾ cup peeled, diced sweet potato
- ½ cup canned chickpeas, rinsed
- ⅓ cup diced dried apricots
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup couscous, uncooked
- Combine water, sweet potato, chickpeas, apricots, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until potato is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add couscous. Cover and let stand until liquid is absorbed and couscous is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork. Transfer to a serving bowl.