Harvest Gnocchi with Butternut Squash & Sage
Fresh sage enhances the superb seasonal flavors in this rich, buttery dish.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (16 oz.) Private Selection™ Italian Gnocchi with Potato
- 3 tablespoons Private Selection™ Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups butternut squash, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Reserve ¼ cup cooking water and set drained gnocchi aside.
- While the gnocchi cooks, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add butternut squash and cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally until tender, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and sage; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add gnocchi, butter and Parmesan, and toss. Add reserved cooking liquid 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach desired consistency. Garnish with additional Parmesan, if desired. Refrigerate any leftovers.