Unexpected ingredients combine in a harmonious fall medley.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 1 hour 40 minutesTotal: 2 hours
- 1 butternut squash
- 1⁄4 cup Private Selection™ Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 ounces Private Selection™ Old World Prosciutto, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded Private Selection™ Parmesan Cheese
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 refrigerated pie shell pressed into tart pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel butternut squash, scoop seeds and cut in half. Dice into 1” cubes. Toss with ¼ cup olive oil and place on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, remove and cool. Lower oven temperature to 325°F.
- Cook prosciutto in sauté pan until browned. Remove and drain on paper towels. Add onion to pan and sauté until translucent. Remove and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, combine all filling ingredients together and pour in pie shell. Bake quiche for 1 hour or until center is set and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean (safe internal temperature 160°F). Serve, refrigerating any leftovers.