Hash Brown Mini Quiches
For a bite-sized breakfast that delivers all your favorite morning foods, try these mini quiches, with hash browns, sausage, egg and cheese!
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 eggs, divided
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 3⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bag Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 4 Kroger® Traditional Pork Sausage Patties
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Baby spinach, chopped
- Chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (375ºF for convection ovens). Coat a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- To make hash brown cups, whisk together 2 eggs, cheddar cheese, 2½ teaspoons kosher salt, and ground pepper in a bowl. Fold in hash browns.
- Press approximately ¼ cup of potatoes into each muffin cup, pressing down in the middle and going up the sides of the space to form a cup shape.
- Bake cups 10-15 minutes, or until edges of potatoes are turning golden brown. Remove from oven.
- To make filling, arrange sausage in a cold skillet. Turn heat to medium-low. Cook until browned on the first side, then flip and cover pan with a lid.
- Continue cooking sausage until no longer pink in the middle. Remove (leaving fat behind in the pan) and drain on paper towels. Roughly chop sausage into small pieces and place in bowl.
- In the sausage fat, sauté diced onion until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Place onions in the bowl with the sausage. In the same bowl, whisk in 4 eggs, heavy cream and 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt. Fold in baby spinach.
- Fill each hash brown cup with filling. Cover muffin tin with aluminum foil. Bake 14-16 minutes or until egg is cooked through. Remove from oven. Remove quiches from muffin tin. Serve with chopped chives for garnish!