Hawaiian Coconut Chicken
Hawaiian cuisine melds Japanese and Chinese cuisines with the rich array of fruits, vegetables, birds, and flowers native to Hawaii.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 2 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup canned, unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tsp. Thai chili paste or Tabasco sauce
- ½ tsp. ground white peppercorns
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 apple, cored and cut into ¼" thick pieces
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- Mix the coconut milk, lime juice, chili paste, pepper, and salt in a large bowl and add the cut-up chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Thread the pieces of chicken and chunks of fruit onto the skewers.
- Set grill to medium.
- Grill for about 10–15 minutes, or until the chicken has browned and is no longer pink inside. The time will vary according to the heat of the grill and the thickness of the chicken.