Like a Hawaiian pizza with ham, pineapple, and Maui sweet onions, these meatballs can be served as pinchos with toothpicks or not.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ham, ground
- ½ lb. fresh pork, ground
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp. buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup minced celery
- 2 Tbsp. minced Maui sweet onion
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil.
- Mix the ham, ground pork, breadcrumbs, buttermilk, egg, celery, onion, pepper, and cloves together.
- Form into small balls, cocktail meatball size, and place them 1" apart on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- For the glaze, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, and pineapple juice in a saucepan over low heat. Whisk until combined and cook about 5 minutes.
- Coat the meatballs with the glaze and serve hot.