Hawaiian Pineapple Coffeecake
This delicious and easy coffeecake has double the coconut flavor and the sweet tang of pineapple. Serve it warm with some scrambled eggs for a great brunch.
Serves: 18Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄3 cup softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 container (6 oz.) coconut yogurt
- 1 can (5 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In small bowl, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, coconut, and macadamia nuts and mix well. Mix in softened butter until crumbly; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat eggs with the yogurt until blended. Stir in drained pineapple, 1 cup sugar, and melted butter. Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda and mix until just combined. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with coconut mixture. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until coffeecake is deep golden brown. Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes, then serve.