While the idea of serving ham and pineapple on a pizza may seem odd, the combination makes for an unusual and delicious blend of flavors. Both the pineapple and the ham are slightly sweet and work well with the saltiness of the cheese.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. store-bought pizza dough
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 10-oz. can tomato sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices ham, chopped
- ½ cup pineapple chunks, drained
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- Preheat oven to 475ºF. Lightly flour a large surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the pizza dough out into a 12" circle, flipping the dough over occasionally so that it does not stick to your surface.
- Transfer the circle of dough onto a lightly oiled pizza pan or cookie sheet.
- Use a ladle or spoon to spread tomato sauce over the dough. Leave a 1" border of dough for the crust.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the sauce.
- Cover the cheese with the ham, pineapple, and red onion.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and the crust is lightly browned.