Jumbo refrigerator biscuits make handy wraps for both sweet and savory fillings. Look for this product in the refrigerated dairy case at your market. You can eat these turnovers right away, but if you let them cool, then wrap and chill them for later use, these become tidy portable breakfast treats.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, very well drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 package (16.3 oz.) jumbo buttermilk refrigerator biscuits
- 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and slightly fluffy. Fold in the pineapple, coconut, almonds, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Unfold the biscuit circles, one at a time. Roll them out on a lightly floured surface to 5 1⁄2-inch rounds. Put about 2 tablespoons of the filling mixture into the center of the circle and fold one side over the filling to the other side. Crimp the edges shut and brush the top with milk. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the turnovers turn golden. Remove from the oven. Serve hot or at room temperature.