These make a light, crispy meringue with the richness of nuts. You can easily substitute ground pistachios or macadamia nuts for the hazelnuts in the recipe.
Makes: 48 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 48 cookies
- 8 egg whites
- ¼ tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 lb. confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 lb. ground hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks begin to form. Gradually add sugar and cinnamon; beat until stiff, glossy peaks form. Fold in nuts.
- Pipe onto parchment with a pastry tube, or drop by teaspoon.
- Bake 20 minutes or until dry. Remove from baking sheets immediately.