Healthier Cheese Fondue
This classic Swiss dish is great for a party or cozy dinner.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ¼ cups dry white wine
- 2 cups grated low-fat Swiss cheese
- 2 cups grated Gruyère cheese
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 pears, cut into cubes
- 1 cup halved red grapes
- 1 French baguette, cut into cubes
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Add wine to the pan and heat over low heat until bubbles begin to rise. Toss the cheeses with the cornstarch and add to the wine mixture, a handful at a time, stirring constantly over low heat.
- Stir in the lemon juice. Cook and stir until mixture is smooth and blended. Pour into fondue pot, light the bottom heat source, and serve with remaining ingredients.