Healthier Chocolate "Ice Cream"
This recipe calls for the use of an ice-cream maker, but not having one isn’t a deal-breaker. Instead of using an ice-cream maker, you can stir the mixture in the bowl every 30–45 minutes while it cools in the refrigerator.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 40 minutesTotal: 12 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated erythritol
- Cut avocado in half and scoop out contents into a medium bowl. Add coconut milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Beat mixture until smooth.
- Add cocoa powder and granulated erythritol and beat until smooth.
- Store in a metal bowl in the refrigerator for 6–12 hours, then put mixture into an ice-cream maker, following manufacturer’s instructions for use.
- Serve immediately or store in the freezer until ready to serve.