Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
These pumpkin muffins contain the perfect amount of chocolate, and they’re made with better-for-you ingredients.
Serves: 18Prep: 15 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup almond milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup Kroger® Greek Plain Nonfat Yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a standard 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners and spray with nonstick cooking spray in each liner.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin, vanilla, almond milk, egg and yogurt. Pour mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips. Fill prepared muffin tin ¾ full of batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in tin, then remove to a wire rack to continue cooling. Prepare a cooled muffin tin with paper liners and cooking spray, then fill with the remaining batter and bake, just as before.
- Serve and store leftovers in an airtight container.