Healthy Chocolate Truffles With Dates, Cocoa and Coconut
This chocolate truffle recipe is not only quick and easy to prepare, but also melt-in-your-mouth delicious all while staying on the healthful end of the dessert spectrum. Perfect for sharing with friends and family, these truffles make great gifts!
Serves: 14Prep: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 30 Medjool dates (about 8 oz.), pitted
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder, plus more for rolling the truffles
- 2 tablespoons walnut or coconut oil
- Unsweetened coconut, shredded, for rolling (optional)
- Add the dates and cacao powder to a high-powered blender or food processor. Pulse/blend a few times to chop up the dates.
- Add in the oil and process/blend until everything is combined and you get a thick, sticky mixture.
- Using a spatula, scrape all of the mixture out of the food processor/blender and into a bowl.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes. This allows the mixture to set up a bit so it’s easier to work with.
- Roll the mixture into 14 balls. Roll each ball in additional cacao powder and/or unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Store truffles in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Tip: Get creative with what you roll the truffles in. Try chopped raw nuts in addition to (or in place of) the extra cacao and coconut.