Healthy Fudge Truffles (Coconut Oil Fudge Truffles)
Roll finished fudge truffles in cocoa powder, unsweetened shredded coconut, nuts, natural sprinkles, coconut sugar, or chocolate chips to create a variety of textures and flavors
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 cups coconut sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 tsp. sea salt
- Line an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut sugar, cocoa, and chopped chocolate.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine coconut milk and coconut oil. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Be careful not to burn the mixture as it heats.
- When the mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat to low and add the chocolate mixture. Mix well until chocolate is melted and well incorporated. Remove from heat and add the vanilla and salt.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Refrigerate until cool and firm, about 2 hours. Scoop out and roll into 1 1⁄2-inch balls.