This one-dish meal is filled with flavor. This is not Hungarian goulash, which is more of a beef stew with potatoes.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 2 cans (15 oz.) low-sodium tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. wheat-free soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. wheat-free Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. dried Italian herb seasoning (or 1 tsp. each basil, oregano, rosemary, and thyme)
- 3 bay leaves
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice ziti
- ¼ cup shredded white sharp Cheddar cheese
Please try again later.
- In a large Dutch oven, cook and stir the ground beef over medium-high heat, breaking the meat up as it cooks, until the meat is no longer pink and has started to brown, about 10 minutes. Skim off excess fat, and stir in the onions and garlic. Cook and stir the meat mixture until the onions are translucent, about 10 more minutes.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, dry mustard, paprika, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the pasta, cover, and simmer over low heat until the noodles are tender, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, discard bay leaves, and top with shredded cheese. Mix well and serve.