Healthy Mexican Casserole
This one-dish meal is so easy and delicious your family will ask you to make it again and again. Serve the casserole with baked corn tortilla chips.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄4 tsp. chili powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed thoroughly and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans, rinsed thoroughly and drained
- 4 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp. chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook turkey in hot oil for 5 to 8 minutes, until the meat is browned. Stir in cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, coriander, and water. Add black and pinto beans, tomatoes, jalapeño, and corn. Stir well.
- Place the meat mixture in a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish and add cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is melted.