Healthy Mexican Casserole
This one-dish meal is so easy and delicious your family will ask you to make it again and again. Serve the casserole with baked corn tortilla chips.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ⅛ tsp. coriander
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed thoroughly and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans, rinsed thoroughly and drained
- 4–5 plum tomatoes, chopped and seeds removed
- 1 tsp. chopped chili peppers
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook turkey in hot oil for 5–8 minutes, until the meat is browned. Stir in cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, coriander, and water. Add black and pinto beans, tomatoes, chili peppers, and corn. Stir well.
- Place the meat mixture in a 9" × 13" casserole dish and add cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is melted.