One of the problems with traditional store-bought mayonnaise is its reliance on the use of canola, vegetable, and soy oils. Make this simple mayonnaise with to keep this a healthy option for wraps and salad dressings. You can also make mayonnaise with walnut oil, avocado oil, or macadamia nut oil.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Add egg, vinegar, and spices to the jar of a blender. Turn the blender on high and add the oil in a slow stream. The mixture will thicken and turn white.
- Use immediately or transfer to a jar and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.