Healthy Pumpkin Pecan Bars
If you’re in need of a fall snack, then these bars are for you. They’re moist and full of healthy flavors. These could even be served as a dessert with coffee or tea.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 11 dates, pitted
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8”x8” glass baking dish with parchment paper, leaving enough extra paper to hang over the sides.
- In a food processor, combine the oats and pecans. Process until semi-fine.
- Place in a medium bowl, then add the cinnamon, baking powder, salt, ginger and nutmeg.
- Add the maple syrup, pumpkin, applesauce and egg to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- In a food processor, combine the dates and water. Mix until blended and small chunks of dates remain.
- Spoon half the batter into the bottom of the prepared pan, then pour the date mixture on top. Add the remaining half of the batter on top of the date layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then allow to cool fully in pan. Pull bars out with the parchment paper and remove from the pan. Cut into individual bars.
- Serve with coffee or tea.