Healthy Salmon Burgers
Serve these healthy burgers with lettuce, tomato and your favorite burger condiments.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cans (5 oz.) boneless skinless pink salmon, drained
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 whole wheat sandwich buns, split
- 1⁄3 cup light or regular mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- Tomato slices, if desired
- Lettuce, if desired
- Light gas or charcoal grill and heat to medium heat. In medium bowl, mix salmon, breadcrumbs, onion, paprika, pepper, egg and milk only until blended. Shape into 4 patties, ½” thick and 3½” diameter; brush both sides lightly with oil.
- Cook 8 -10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F, turning once. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix mayonnaise, dill and capers. Spread cut sides of buns with mixture.
- Place burger in each bun. If desired, top with favorite toppings.
- Refrigerate leftovers.