Healthy Salmon-Stuffed Mushrooms
Salmon is full of omega-3 fatty acids, and mushrooms have vitamin D. Combine them in this appetizer for a healthy and low-carb snack.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 24 large mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 package (3 oz.) low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 pouch (6 oz.) salmon, drained
- 1⁄4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Clean mushrooms by brushing with a soft brush. Remove the mushroom stems from the caps. Brush the caps with lemon juice and set aside. Trim the ends from the stems and finely chop the stems.
- In saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and mushroom stems; cook and stir until tender, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and place in bowl. Add the cream cheese and sour cream to the vegetables and mix well. Add salmon, Romano cheese, and parsley and mix gently. Stuff this mixture into the mushroom caps.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and filling is hot and beginning to brown on top. Let cool for 10 minutes, then serve.