Healthy Shrimp Scampi Appetizer
Shrimp scampi can be healthy and delicious. It’s perfect on its own for an appetizer, or you can serve it over wheat-free noodles and steamed spinach for a complete entrée!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. cleaned, large shrimp, deveined and patted dry
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 tsp. salt
- 3⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it simmers, then add the shrimp and sauté them, turning once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes each side. Transfer shrimp with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- Add the garlic, chicken broth, salt, and pepper to the skillet and bring to a boil. Continue boiling until the liquid is reduced to 1⁄2 cup, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the butter and stir until melted, then remove skillet from heat and stir in shrimp.
- Add the mixture to a large bowl and toss with parsley, lemon zest, and lemon juice.