Healthy Thai Chicken Enchiladas
This Asian-inspired dish is a great way to pack plenty of veggies and lean protein into your diet without sacrificing any flavor. The key is the coconut milk and chili sauce mixture, plus plenty of crushed peanuts, for a delicious Thai taste.
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- Olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped or shredded
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 package Simple Truth® Coconut Milk
- 2 Simple Truth® Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup carrots, chopped or shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped or crushed, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine coconut milk and chili sauce. Whisk in flour, and continue to whisk until mixture thickens (about 5 minutes).
- Heat olive oil in pan on stove. Add onions, cabbage, carrots, garlic and salt. Stir until vegetables are softened, about 6-7 minutes. Add in the chicken, green onions, cilantro, pepper and peanuts. Cook for another 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Pour ½ cup of coconut milk mixture into the bottom of an 8x10” pan and set aside another ½ cup.
- Add the remainder of the mixture to the saucepan with the onions, cabbage and garlic. Combine well.
- Add a small amount of chicken and cabbage mixture to each tortilla. Roll tightly and place in pan.
- Pour remaining coconut mixture over the top of the tortillas (spooning it over each tortilla is a great idea).
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Add additional cilantro and crushed peanuts for garnish.