Healthy Yellow Squash Bread
Ribbons of yellow vegetables aren’t the only reason this bread is a winner. It’s full of heart-healthy oils, whole grains, nuts, and even some fruit!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups spelt flour
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated yellow squash
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 2 loaf pans (9 by 5 inches) with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, applesauce, coconut sugar, and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture. Fold in squash and walnuts.
- Pour batter into pans and bake for 40 minutes or until a knife poked into the center comes out clean.