Hearty Bean and Pea Shoot Salad with Toasted Seeds
This lush salad is a meal in itself. It's bursting with textures from fresh beans and radishes and nutty flavors from a bevy of toasted seeds.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pepitas
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 medium head red-leaf lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup green beans, cut into 1½" pieces
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 1 large radish, sliced
- ½ cup pea shoots
- 2 Tbsp. applesauce
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the seeds in a heavy skillet over medium-low to medium heat. Adjust temperature as needed and stir frequently to get an even, golden color, 3–5 minutes. Remove from pan immediately once seeds start to brown. Reserve.
- Place lettuce in a large salad bowl, and top with green beans, apple, radish, and pea shoots.
- Whisk applesauce, mustard, vinegars, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle over salad or dress individual servings.