Hearty Beef Chili
The key to this hearty chili is keeping the ground beef in larger chunks (instead of breaking it into very small pieces) when you are browning it for the slow cooker. If you prefer a spicier version, add 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 1 teaspoon of cumin, and
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (16 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (16 oz.) pinto beans
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. crushed basil
- Brown ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, approximately 5–6 minutes. Leave the ground beef in larger chunks when cooking, instead of breaking it into very small pieces. Add the cooked beef and onion to a greased 4-quart slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.