Hearty Beef and Green Bean Stew
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. beef round, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped (1" pieces) potatoes
- ½ cup peeled and chopped (1" pieces) carrots
- 1 cup green beans
- ½ cup peeled and chopped (1" pieces) parsnip
- 1 Tbsp. parsley
- ¼ tsp. Tabasco Sauce
- 1 cup low-sodium V8 juice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- Heat olive oil in pressure cooker and brown meat. Add onions, potatoes, carrots, green beans, parsnip, parsley, Tabasco, V8, and salt.
- Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe and cook for 10–12 minutes with pressure regulator rocking slowly (or follow manufacturer instructions for your pressure cooker). Cool down pressure cooker at once (nonelectric pressure cookers). Add green beans and cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
- If desired, make paste of 1 tablespoon flour and ¼ cup water; stir into stew to thicken. Heat and stir liquid until thickened.