Hearty Bolognese Sauce and Pasta
Also called Bolognese or ragù alla Bolognese, this sauce combines vegetables and meat to create the perfect sauce for pouring over spaghetti.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ lb. 94% lean ground beef
- ½ lb. ground pork
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 3 oz. tomato paste
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- ½ cup fat-free evaporated milk
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- 3 cups cooked pasta
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan. Brown the ground beef and pork. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the meats and remaining ingredients to a 4-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours. Serve over pasta.