Hearty Carrot and Potato Soup
You can replace the vegetable broth with chicken or beef broth for a non-vegetarian soup. Serve this simple soup with toasted French bread.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onions, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. chopped thyme
- Combine the olive oil and butter in a heavy stockpot over medium heat and add onion and garlic. Sauté until slightly softened, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, and pepper to stockpot. Increase heat to high and bring to a Boil. Lower heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender when pierced with a fork. Stir in thyme before serving.