Hearty Fettuccine and Vegetables
This pasta dish is loaded with fresh vegetables. Feel free to mix and match according to what's in season or what's in your crisper.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 cups cooked fettuccine
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 6-quart soup pot, sauté onions and carrots in oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, cauliflower and broccoli. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Stir in spinach.
- Add cream; simmer for 5 minutes more. Stir in salt, pepper and parsley and remove from heat. Toss with fettuccine. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.