Hearty Fettuccine and Vegetables
Save to My Recipes
This pasta dish is loaded with fresh vegetables. Feel free to mix and match according to what's in season or what's in your crisper.
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutes
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 cups cooked fettuccine
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 6-quart soup pot, sauté onions and carrots in oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, cauliflower and broccoli. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Stir in spinach.
- Add cream; simmer for 5 minutes more. Stir in salt, pepper and parsley and remove from heat. Toss with fettuccine. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.