Hearty Hummus and Pita Triangles
A great “sport nutrient” is the protein in beans; couple that with power-packed, healthy-carb pita, and your athlete is ready for that afternoon game.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and liquid reserved
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 medium whole-wheat pitas, cut in triangles
- 2 cups assorted fresh vegetable crudités
- Place drained chickpeas, garlic, salt, olive oil, and lemon juice in a blender and purée.
- Add a few tablespoons of the reserved chickpea liquid and mix. It should be a thick dip texture.
- Serve hummus with pita triangles and fresh vegetables!