Hearty Meat Loaf
Letting meat loaf stand after it’s baked allows the juices to redistribute so it stays juicy and slices more easily.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery with leaves
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- Preheat oven to 375°F. I
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir until tender, about 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and place in medium bowl.
- Add bread crumbs, egg whites, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper and mix well. Add beef and mix gently until combined. Place mixture into nonstick 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour minutes or until internal temperature registers 160°F. Cover meat loaf with foil and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.