Hearty Mushrooms Stuffed with Spicy Beef
This filling dish is wonderful on a chilly night. You can even increase the portions and serve these mushrooms for lunch with a bowl of soup on the side.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 oz. lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free chili sauce
- 1 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 piece (1 inch) fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 8 very large fresh mushrooms
- 8 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- To make the filling, place the beef, egg, chili sauce, garlic, onion, ginger, cinnamon, crushed red pepper, black pepper, and salt in a food processor and mix thoroughly.
- Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms and pack them with the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place the mushrooms in a baking pan and add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts. Bake for 35 minutes.