Heirloom Tomato Sandwich
This lovely sandwich is perfect for a summer picnic. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and keep it cool until ready to serve.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large crusty Italian sub roll
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. mayonnaise
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 1 large heirloom tomato, thinly sliced
- 3 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Drizzle the olive oil on top half of roll. Mix together the garlic and mayonnaise and spread the mixture on the other half.
- Cover roll with tomatoes and top with mozzarella and basil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and close the sandwich.